Your work is far from done even after you’ve set up your beautiful e-commerce website, arranged for fast local web hosting, and created an effective marketing and promotion campaign.
Since we live in a world of fast-paced competition, you also have to operate your business as efficiently as possible using the best technology to keep your company website and networking up and running.
This is not optional. It’s necessary for one simple reason: as a small business your resources are rather limited compared to multinational companies. Your only hope for getting a slice of the market is to be more nimble than your leviathan competitors.
Simple Ways to Be Fast And Furious
Here, then, are 3 ideas on how to create a robust business that more than makes up in speed what it lacks in size and influence.
1. Use the best technology
Think big and long-term when it comes to designing your technology plan.
Secure the technology that will outmatch your competitors from the beginning. For instance, think of using RAID configurations for redundancy. It’s also an excellent choice for your web servers, your storage servers and any other large-scale applications that you might have in the future. Naturally, you should also think ahead and arrange for securing quick emergency services from a company that offers RAID data recovery. While you may never have such a crisis, prepare for all worst case scenarios.
Here’s the thing: you don’t want to ever be in a position where hardware or software issues interrupt the work of your employees bringing your entire business to a complete stand-still. Minimize the possibilities of all technical disruptions by thinking well ahead of the curve.
2. Build a tech-savvy staff
Create a positive, productive, and forward-thinking corporate culture even if you only have a small staff. Eventually, your company will grow and planting the seeds of technically sophisticated technology staff will pay off in a big way.
While there are many ways to build a great corporate culture– ranging from incentive programs to further education– but one thing that really makes employees flourish in any work environment is playing an indispensable role in the growth of their company.
Train as many of your employees in technology and then give them secure access to information that will help them do their best work.
This will allow everyone to be on board when it comes to making rapid business changes to suit emerging markets. Your primary advantage over your large competitors is that you will be able to move fast.
You will be able to respond to a changing market quickly because you will have more than great technology, you will also have a well-educated, skilled, and experienced team who knows how to maximize the technology at its disposable.
3. Focus on developing an effective business network
As your business grows, you will probably want to encourage employees to work from home rather than renting more office space.
In today’s world, you don’t need to have high real estate overheads to run a sophisticated company. Look into ways to empower employees to deliver their work at anytime from anywhere. A virtual private network (VPN), for instance, will allow your employees to deliver work to the main office or directly to clients while still having secure access to your business network.
Here are some benefits of a VPN:
1. It’s easy for all parties to work together. You will have effortless collaboration between employees, business partners, vendors, and customers.
2. Your business will be more efficient and cost effective.
3. Your business can use features like:
- Interactive calendaring.
- Unified communications.
4. By using a voice-and-data solution, your employees will have a single telephone number that will ring on multiple devices at the same time. As a result of this arrangement,
- Your employees will have telephony systems wherever they go.
- There will be fewer missed calls to delay projects.
- Opportunities to grow your business will not be lost.
- New revenue leads will not disappear.
- Your entire staff can work with one inbox for faxes, voicemail, and email.
- Your system can be connected to a customer relationship management solution (CRM) to deliver fast, efficient, expert service to customers. Your employees will be able to look up customer’s information on a pop-up window.
- · Technology can allow you to do most of your communication. For instance, web conferencing will allow you to conduct meetings and to run trainings. You will not waste time and money on the road to conduct your business.
Technology Levels the Playing Field
Using the right technology can make a huge difference when it comes to fighting for the winning edge. Your business will run more efficiently. You will be able to slash all kinds of costs.Your employees will feel productive and useful and you will have fewer turnovers. And, of course, your customer base will grow rapidly because of high customer satisfaction.