TutorialChip has launched her first free premium WordPress theme named “Chip Zero”. Chip Zero is bundled with a lot of options that can easily be manged via theme settings page.
Chip Zero is clean, flexible, professional-looking free WordPress Premium Theme. It has built-in control panel to manage things easily. It can be used as a blog or a business website. Chip Zero is loaded with the following characteristics.
- WordPress 3.0+ Compatible (Including Menu Management)
- 2-Column Layout with Widgetized Sidebar
- Theme Settings Page
- Threaded Comments
- Gravatar Integration
- Banner Ad Integration
- Built-In Post Thumbnails
- Built-In Related Posts Integration via Theme Settings Page
- Built-In Social Sites Integration via Theme Settings Page
- Built-In Analytic Integration via Theme Settings Page
- Logo Integration via Theme Settings Page
- Drop-Down Navigation
- SEO Optimized
- Support Vital Functionality of WordPress
- And More
- WordPress 3.0 or higher
It doesn’t take a lot to install and set up your new Chip Zero WordPress theme. Read on, and you’ll have it knocked out in a snap.
Step 1 – Unzip the File
The file you downloaded can be unzipped with any standard unzip program (if you don’t have one already installed on your computer, 7-zip is a popular option). When you unzip the file, you’ll end up with a folder named chip-zero. Within it are all the theme files along with the end user license agreement (please take a moment to read over the license agreement).
Step 2 – Upload the Theme Files to Your WordPress Site
If you are using WordPress 2.8 and above, you are able to install the ZIP file of the theme directly from the Dashboard. This simplifies things since you don’t need to use FTP:
- When viewing the WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance -> Themes
- Click “Install Themes” (big tab at top)
- Click “Upload”
- Click ‘Choose File’ then navigate to where you downloaded the theme ZIP file; click ‘Open’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- When done installing, click “Activate”
- That’s it!
For this step, you’ll need an FTP (file transfer protocol) program. An FTP program allows you to transfer files between your computer and your web hosting account. There are several available, but I use CuteFTP. You’ll want to upload your theme folder to the /wp-content/themes folder in your WordPress installation.
Step 3 – Activate Chip Zero
Login into your WordPress control panel, and click the Appearance tab. On the next page you’ll see all your available themes. Simply click on the Chip Zero screenshot, then click the Activate link in the upper right-hand corner of the pop-up screen.
Please visit Chip Zero Demo Page to grasp the beauty in simplicity. I hope you will enjoy.
Chip Zero 1.2
Chip Zero 1.2 has been approved by WordPress Free Themes Directory.
- Chip Zero theme is updated on May 19, 2011.
- Chip Zero theme has been approved on March 19, 2011
Download Package 1.2 – 197 Kb
- Theme Files
- PSD Files
- Other Files
Chip Zero 1.2 theme is updated on May 19, 2011.
- Full code has been re-written which is more powerful, fast and optimized.
- Chip Zero Theme Options page has been re-written to attain the next and enhanced level of security and data validation by using WordPress Settings API.
- All Templates are integrated to the Chip Zero framework by using the most secured and approved methods of WordPress i.e get_template_part() and locate_template().
- There are lot of changes to the classes, methods, constants and other parts of syntax to avoid any conflict with other WordPress themes and plugins.
- Several parts of codes have been updated to the approved and authentic ways of WordPress to ensure the maximum compatibility with the current and incoming versions of WordPress.
- 4 ideal slots for sponsor ads have been integrated.
- An appropriate title has been integrated while browsing archives like tags, date, categories and search.
- jQuery script (bundled with Chip Zero) has been removed in favor of WordPress built-in jQuery support.
- Chip Zero Backup directory having some PSD files has been removed.
- Several minor changes have been made to make the Chip Zero look clean and beautiful.
- Comments Template has been re-written to fix the several aesthetic aspects and to bring a cool visual hierarchy.
- Chip Zero Theme Options page has been re-designed to organize things in a professional way.
- Dual Header support has been integrated to the Chip Zero 1.2.
- Author Box Display Control is integrated in Chip Zero Theme Options.
Chip Zero 1.2 Layout is more editable by the integration of Copyright Control Box and a new Footer Navigation Sidebar.
- Related Posts layout has been improved which is more aesthetic, compact and beautiful.
Chip Zero 1.1 theme is updated on January 13, 2011.
- “Continue Reading” link has been integrated to WordPress built-in method.
- “Comments Disabled” logic has been improved. There will be No “Comments are Closed” message as directed by WordPress.
- “Search Results Not Found” or “Archives Not Found” are entertained with a separate message with built-in search form option.
- “Menu Overlapping” has been controlled and fixed, when there are large number of menu items.
- “Secondary Menu” algorithm has been improved. Secondary Menu space will be hidden by default unless it is activated via WordPress Admin Panel. So you have freedom to switch on or off Secondary Menu according to your wish.
- “Edit Post Link” has been integrated. There will be “Edit” link on posts when the user will be logged in
- “Editor Style” has been integrated for better user experience.
- Display Navigation to next/previous pages when applicable.
- Post ID has been integrated in Post Loop Block
- “Code” has been improved to meet the WordPress coding standards.
Chip Zero theme is released on December 12, 2010.
- This is the first version of Chip Zero WordPress theme.