Do you know how many websites are on the Internet? There are over 1.5 billion and that number is continuously changing. Depending upon your niche, there will also be a substantial number of business websites that are vying for the same user attention as your business. As a business owner, you need to know how to build a business website that is better than your competitors’ sites.
Offer More and Better Value
Whatever you do, make sure your content is unique. Too many websites copy or scrape content from sites in the same niche. Google won’t like this, your visitors will notice, and your bounce rates will be high.
Your goal is to offer more value without sacrificing quality.If you want your website to stand out, increase your brand awareness, get new customers, and retain your current customers, you have to make sure your visitors perceive value from your site. Below are a few suggestions on how to add value:
- Make sure your customers are satisfied and let them know you care. Not everyone is of the mindset that the customer is always right, but you can rest assured that customers who are not happy will not become repeat customers.
- Look at your business from the shoes of your current and prospective customers. Think about what their problems or issues are and how your business offerings are the answer or solution to their needs.
- One of the best ways to get new customers is by word-of-mouth advertising. If you provide a positive and memorable website experience for your users, they are more likely to recommend your business to others. The user experience should begin when a visitor first lands on your site and becomes a lead and continue through to post-purchase communication.
- Remember that everyone loves free. You can offer a free white paper, a free guide, or any other relevant and helpful resource that is valuable to your target market.
Make Your Website User-Friendly
If you want your website visitors to stay on your site long enough to see how your business is the solution they want or need, you have to make sure your site is more user-friendly than the others. Make sure your site:
- Is mobile-responsive
- Has simple and intuitive navigation
- Includes valuable information that is easy-to-find
- Uses engaging visuals to grab attention
- Loads quickly or your visitors will leave
Include a Relevant and Engaging Video
Even though most people know the value of video, not all businesses actually use it on their websites. To make your site stand out, make sure you include one or more videos.
Your potential customers will be better able to relate to your business and it will give personality to your brand. Other benefits of using video are:
- When you share your videos on social media and put them on your YouTube channel, you can increase your reach to your target market
- Search engines give preference to websites that have dynamic content so by adding videos to your site, especially if you have a few, you will get better search engine rankings. Don’t forget that Google owns YouTube, so when you embed a YouTube video on your website, your search engine rankings will go up even more.
- If you want to make a lasting impression on your website visitors, try using humor. It is possible to have an informative and valuable video that is also funny. By entertaining your audience, your site is sure to be remembered.
Write Amazing Content
In today’s online market, tens of millions of content are shared daily. Although there are many different topics you can write in your niche, this is a finite number. What can you do to make your content better than your competitors who are writing about the same relevant news and topics?
- Look at Quora to see what kinds of questions people are asking about any given topic.
- Read your competitors’ content and see what is missing from theirs that you can add to make it better. Under no circumstances should you copy their content. Yours always needs to be unique, but you can certainly see what they are missing and write a more complete overview of thesame topic.
- Routinely check the content your competition is posting with regards to social media shares, incoming links, and industry-influencer mentions to see what content is most valuable to your target market.
Remember, your goal is always to know what your competition is doing and make sure you are doing it better. If your website visitors find your site easy to navigate and understand, relevant and engaging, they are more likely to stay on your website longer. The longer they stay, the more chances they will become leads that eventually convert to paying customers.