In this tutorial, we will create a shiny purple Glossy Orbit Style Button in Photoshop. Though I am using Photoshop CS3, any version will work. Here you will learn how to create an orbit using the Blending Options. I hope you will like this tutorial. Feel free and share your comments with us.
Other useful photoshop tutorials:
- Create a Broken Glass Text Effect in Photoshop
- Excellent Lighting Effect Tutorial in Photoshop
- Learn Layered Text Effect in Simple 5 Steps
- Fire Text Effect Tutorial in Photoshop
Glossy Orbit Style Button: Final Preview
Tools and Resources
These following photoshop tools are used in this tutorial.
- Ellipse Tool
- Gradient Tool
- Elliptical Marquee Tool
Let’s start to create our glossy orbit style button,
Open Adobe Photoshop, and create a new Photoshop document. I am going to create a new document of 520 x 520 px with #a65c81 color background.
Select your Elipse Tool (U) and draw a perfect round circle shape in black color on your current document as shown in preview below.
Now apply some blending options on this shape layer. Follow these following blending options.
Bevel and Emboss
After applying these blending options we get a awesome effect as shown in preview below.
Now, select your Elipse Tool (U) again, and draw another perfect circle shape on top of the previous shape layer, this time, slightly smaller, and center it on top of the bottom layer as like in preview below.
In this step, we apply blending options again on this new shape layer, fallow these some options.
Applying some blending options, we get a fantastic effects as shown in preview below.
- Now create a new layer above the two shapes layers.
- Use the Elliptical marquee tool to make a selection as like in preview.
- Then move your cursor to the layers plate placing it just above the top shape’s layer.
- Hold down Ctrl+Shift+Alt+click on this layer. Your selection will convert to another selection.
- Fill this layer in with white, then press Ctrl+D to deselect.
- Set the layer style to Soft Light, and set it’s opacity to 70%.
Finally! we have an amazing glossy orbit style button. Now you can see final preview below.
I hope you have enjoyed this glossy orbit style button tutorial. Don’t Forget to Follow TutorialChip on Twitter or Subscribe to TutorialChip to Get the Latest Updates on Giveaways, Tutorials and More for Free.