With so many similar antivirus suites nearby, it’s hard to make the right decision, especially for a user with no knowledge of the subject matter. The demands of modern Internet users are coming to the network, and malware control and the security of personal data are becoming a significant concern: most antivirus solutions today ensure safer browsing. However, this does not inevitably mean that you are automatically protected 100% with specific software.
Although TotalAV is not the most versatile, affordable, and accessible antivirus solution on the market, it’s still an appropriate option if you’re looking for a robust, comprehensive antivirus. Initially, the company offered the virtual private network as a complimentary supplement to each package. This is no longer the case, and you must now pay extra for this tool. However, TotalAv offers many exciting features. In this review of TotalAV, we will discuss the main advantages and disadvantages of this antivirus and its features.
TotalAV is ideal for
If you are looking for an inexpensive antivirus solution, but do not want to waste your time learning about all the products available, this software could be exactly what you need. As mentioned, its price is reasonable, and even the simplest of the packages (the 100% free package) ensures that the device / mobile device is well protected. Let’s quickly see what is best for TotalAV:
- Users of practical solutions
- Inexperienced users looking for an intuitive antivirus
- Outdated computers with limited resources to save
- Protection against malware and spyware
Antivirus essential for free: It is a 100% free antivirus product with no time limit. However, it is one of the few expensive antivirus programs on the market and does not provide real-time protection. If you esteem your privacy and security, we suggest you access the paid versions.
Essential Antivirus: The basic package can protect only one device. It will be a good choice if you are trying to protect your mobile or desktop computer. It gives 100% protection against malware, adware, spyware, and Trojans. It features include
- Protection against redemption
- Phishing protection
- real-time protection
- Optimization / adjustment tools
- Disk cleaner
- Firewall protection (remote)
- Web Shield
- Navigation Manager / Cleaning
This set of available resources covers all the fundamental requirements of an average user.
PRO antivirus: This is the common popular package that comes entirely from the previous plan and offers appropriate and additional features. In doing so, you cannot protect one, but three devices just by paying only twice as much. Besides, users will have access to:
- Safe Password Vault
- Antivirus eBook
Ultimate antivirus: As the name suggests, it is the most expensive and comprehensive level proposed by TotalAV. It can protect up to 5 devices at the same time. Although the support is excellent, whatever package you choose, with Ultimate, you will get swift answers, and you will always have priority. Add protection and optimization for smartphones, and you’ll have a robust and complete antivirus solution.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Total AV
Like any other software, TotalAV has many advantages and disadvantages. Our team of experts has carefully examined all aspects of antivirus to help you create a complete picture in your head. Here is a compilation list of its advantages and disadvantages:
- Strong protection against malicious URLs
- Powerful anti-phishing protection.
- With easy-to-use apps for the four major platforms
- One of the least demanding antivirus in terms of system resources.
- Provides an impressive list of optimization tools.
- Customer protection 24 hours a day.
- The free version is a nice touch.
- Finalize quick explorations
- There are no independent test results. The average score of anti-malware practice tests
- Although the prices are correct, this is not the most exciting solution.
- Advanced firewall protection is only available with paid packages
- There is no real-time protection with the free version.
- Fast scanning can take up to 15 minutes.
TotalAV started in 2017, and the team worked hard to refine the first ever software. Although much remains to be done, it is extremely competitive and robust with its antivirus protection algorithm. If you want a complete, fast scan, an easy-to-use interface, a low impact system, and adequate malware protection, TotalAV should be included in your list of crucial data.